Another odds and ends post tonight, but something far more substantive should be online this weekend:
- Because I’m getting my second Shingrix shot tomorrow at lunchtime, I’m sorta-kinda treating tonight as my Friday night. I’m having a couple adult beverages and chips from the comfort of the couch later tonight, seeing as it wouldn’t be a good idea to do so after getting the vaccination. I’m also preparing for the possibility that I’ll feel like crap on Saturday as my body deals with the wonders of modern science.
- When talking about Staunton in my last post, I neglected to mention that while visiting our favorite antique mall, I stumbled upon other item I can use to decorate my denim jackets: tie clips. Obviously, I’m not using them in the manner that they were designed for, but that’s part of the fun. They also serve another purpose: they serve as a little reminder of Pops, my grandfather, who always used them when wearing a tie. Although, I’m reasonably certain that he wouldn’t use any of the ones I would select. Actually, that’s not 100% true – I actually have one of his old clips, and it will be used one of my jackets.
- Random thought that occurred to me earlier today: there is a non-trivial chance that the Sixers could make it to the NBA finals this year, which would make them the third Philly team in less than a year to make it to the championship game/series. If they do in fact make it there, I might actually finally jump on the bandwagon and pay proper attention to them. It would be the first time I actually did so since I swore the team off after they traded Charles Barkley over 30 years ago.
- Thanks to one awesome online friend, we now have all dressed chips in the house again. She IMed me (or, is that “DMed” now? – I’m getting too old to keep up with the hip tech lingo) and let me know that Aldi was carrying an in-house brand of them. Between Sally and myself, we picked up eight bags in order to ensure a stockpile in the almost certain eventuality that they stop stocking them in the not-too-distant future. I’m not exaggerating either – eight bags.
- Ghost continues to pay dividends as my midlife musical obsession. I’m absolutely loving their cover of “Jesus He Knows Me,” which they awesomely released on Easter.
- As typical, I don’t have anything decent to end this post with.